SAP Sales and Distribution Interview Questions
Question .1 To start a transaction how many ways are there and what are they?
Answer: You use a T–code or you can browse through the SAP main Menu and select the appropriate one. Either menu path or transaction code. To start a transaction there are two ways. First one is t-Code spro-img and second one is menu path. To start a transaction, we have two options. They are,
- Dynamic menu
- Command field
Question.2 Material type means.? Can you tell me a few?
Answer: Trading Material, Finished material, configurable material, Etc [sociallocker]
Question.3 what is condition exclusion?
Answer: What ever the customers buy that will be listing other ones Exclusion. If we set an exclusion indicator in the definition of Condition type during sales document processing the system ignore the other condition type which exits below that in the pricing procedure and which have same requirement.
Question.4 Is it possible to assign two different sales organizations to the same company code?
Answer: Yes We can assign “n” no of sales org to a company code but Reverse is not true. Yes it is possible to assign sales org to one company code But two company code to one sales org not possible.
Question.5 Based on which documents u will create a perform document?
Answer: You can create an per-forma invoice based on a order or Delivery.
Question.6 In third party how sales order changes to purchase. req. Automatically?
Answer: In Third party sales, By the Item category-TAS–sys will automatically generate Purchase req. As you know ,Based on Item cat+mrp type= schedule line cat will b determined. In third party sales ,if its TAS item cat, then the schedule line cat will be CS check the details of CS schedule line cat, There u will find Purchase requires will be marked n u can observe the other fields like Ordertype=ND.Item cat-1(third party) Account assignment group also. In a .third party in schedule category we have a field Called purchasing requisition.
Question.7 what is difference between listing and exclusion?
Answer: Material Listing: Whatever the products those are placed in Listing for a customer, he can access only those materials.
Exclusion: The products which are placed in Exclusion for a cus, he can not access those materials. For eg: In pharmaceutical cos, some times the customer may not have a license to sell certain products, then we can use this function. Listing/exclusion uses condition technique.
Question.8 what are the parameters that can see in FD32?
Answer: You can see here overview screen/ address of the- customer, central data, status and payment history of the customer.
Question.9 what is difference between inclusive and exclusive?
Answer: Free goods can be of two types: Inclusive and Exclusive.
Inclusive: The ordered goods and free goods both involve Same material. I.e. Giving free item of the same material as ordered .
Eg: For 10 cases 1 case free i.e. 9+1 9 are TAN and.1 is Free item TANN
Exclusive : Free goods can be additional quantity of the Ordered goods or giving different item as free goods
Eg: for 10 cases 1 free , 10 +1 i.e. Additional 1 (not Included).
Question.10 what do u mean by exclusive in access sequence?
- Exclusive indicator is used in access sequence, so that There would be no duplicate pricing procedure is carried Out.
- In an Access sequence while placing the condition tables, If the Exclusive indicator is set, If a valid condition Rec is found by the system in a cond. Table, it will stop Searching and will not go to next cond. Table.
Question.11 When lam punching order after entering data like material No and quantity system should pop-up a screen of delivery date and status and invoice data and details, How can we configure this?
Answer: In user exit MV45afzz form save document prepare we can Code it to pop-up these info.
Question.12 what is main purpose of maintaining the master data?
- Coz master data is responsible for all the records like for Sales order , delivery and billing and as well as in customer payments. It is mandatory for the entire process, and for e.g. we cannot create a sales order without customer master data, material master data and condition master data.
- Master data is useful to maintain the total customer data. 3. Master data is essential in sales and distribution, it is Used for sales, delivery and billing processing.
Question.13 what basic questions do they ask relating to order management
Answer: Basic questions related to order management In sale order what fields are mandatory . When you save a sale order what’s the background process Which takes place .
Question.14 How can u check in SAP system, how, when and by whom which fields in the customer master record were changed?
Answer: Display the cus. Master rec. XDO3, and on the top menu in The Environment – Account changes- all fields Place the cursor on relevant line and select Choose.
Question.15 Can you copy one inquiry to many quotations?
- No you-cant copy
- I believe, Yes you can. COPYING one document to another document you can do as many Times as you want. Inquiry is just a document stating that someone is Interested in a particular product or service. It has nothing to do with the ATP or Pricing check. So you can copy Inquiry to as many Quotations as you want. But from quotation to Sales order , the scenario is different ! Also, COPYING & REFERENCING is different. Hope I made it Clear
- Depends on the copy control we have configured for the Sales document,’ mean to say from inquiry to_ quotation. But by default also you can copy one inquiry into only one documents, because The inquiry gets completed status once it gets referred, so you can refer inquiry for once only.
- No, we can not copy one inquiry to many quotations. We can Refer the inquiry document only one time. But quotation can be referred in for further documents(i.e order),till the quantity is lost.
Question.16 What is pricing procedure?
Answer: Pricing procedure will determine how pricing take place in sales order and billing. In Pricing procedure there are condition types and there are 16 columns which control the condition types to determine how the condition type will behave in a pricing procedure.
Question.17 What is condition exclusion?
Answer: Condition exclusion indicator can be set in condition type and condition record. If it is set in condition record, condition type is excluded from being accessing and requirement function is ignored. On the other hand, condition exclusion in condition record help to compare condition record between two condition exclusion groups or between two condition types to determine best price .All other condition types will be deactivated.
Question.18 Which delivery document type for STO process?
Answer: There are two STO (Stock Transfer Order) that is 1) intra company stock transport order which delivery document type is ‘UB’ and 2) inter company stock transport order which delivery document type is “NB”.
Question.19 What is difference between the header level condition and item level condition?
Answer: Header level condition is maintained in header level pricing procedure in sales order. This condition does not have any access sequence. So, you have to maintain condition record manually. This condition record distributed proportionately between items in whole documents .if you assign formula of alternative condition base value with condition type, condition type will distribute between items in whole document on the basis alternative condition base value. Item level condition is applicable only for that item. it has access sequence .So, condition record can be fetched automatically from condition table. [/sociallocker]