SAP FICO Interview Questions and answers
Question.1 What are all the components of ‘SAP ERP’ Solution?
• SAP ERP Central Component (ECC 6.0)
• SAP SEM (Strategic Enterprise Management) (SEM 6.0)
• SAP cProject Suite (Project and Portfolio Management 4.0)
• SAP SRM for ERP (SRM 5.0)
• SAP Catalog Content Management (CCM 2.0 for ERP 2004)
Question.2 SAP Internet Sales for ERP 5. What is the significance of ‘SAP NetWeaver’ platform?
Answer: SAP NetWeaver platform allows organizations to build new business Solutions rapidly while realizing more business value from existing IT investments SAP NetWeaver supports new cross- functional business processes and helps to lower the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)by reducing the need for custom Integration. It offers complete life-cycle management for all of your applications. It is also the foundation for Enterprise Services Architecture (FAS) and helps align people, information, and business processes across organizational and technological boundaries.
Question.3 What are all the components of ‘NetWeaver’?
Answer: ‘Providing an open Integration and application platform thereby permitting the Integration of the Enterprise Services Architecture , SAP NetWeaver helps In Unifying business processes across technological boundaries, integrating applications for your employees as needed, and accessing / editing simple information easily and in a structured manner. The following are the components: .
• People Integration
Multi channel access
• Information integration
• BI (Business Intelligence) Content
Master Data Management
• Process Integration
Business Process Management
• Application Platform
DB and OS abstraction
SAP Knowledge Warehouse
• Life Cycle Management
Software Change Management
Question.4 What are all the components of ‘SAP Business Suite ?
• SAP Customer Relationship Management (CM 5.0)
• SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM 5.0)
• SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
SAP SRM 2007
• SAP Catalog Content Management (SRM•MDM 1.0)
• SAP Product Life Cycle Management
SAP Product life Cycle Management 4.00
SAP Environment. Health & Safety 2.78
SAP PLM Recipe Management 2.1
• SAP Compliance Management for SOA
Management of Internal controls 1.0
• SAP Learning Solution 2.00
• SAP Strategic Enterprise Management (SEM)
Question.5 What are all the recent Releases in ‘SAP R13’ Solution?
Answer: SAP R/3 Enterprise Release 4.70 SAP R/3 Release 4,6C / 4.68 / 4.5B / 4.03
Question.6 What are all the ‘Industry Solutions’ (IS) from SAP?
There are 22 Industry Solutions available from SAP. They are:
• SAP for Aerospace & Defense
• SAP for Automotive
• SAP for Banking
• SAP for Consumer Products
• SAP Contract Accounts Receivable & Payable
• SAP for Defense and Security
• SAP for Engineering. Constriction & Operations
• SAP for Financial Service Provider
• SAP for Healthcare
• SAP for Higher Education and Research
• SAP for High Tech SAP for Insurance
.• SAP for Media
• SAP for Mgt Products
• SAP for Mining
• SAP for Oil & Gas
• SAP for Professional Services
• SAP for Public Sector
• SAP for Retail
• SAP for Telecommunications
• SAP for Utilities .
• SAP for Wholesale Distribution
Question.7 What is ‘SAP xApps’?
• The SAP xApps family of composite applications enables continuous business Innovation and provides the flexibility necessary to respond quickly and profitably to business change. They extend the value of your core business investments and maximize the return on your strategic assets: employees, knowledge, products, business relationships, and it .
• SAP and SAP certified partners deliver these composite applications that drive specialized business processes, provide comprehensive business insights, and focus on the needs of a variety of industries. -Al these applications combine Web services data from multiple systems, in an application design made possible by the SAP Composite Application Framework within the SAP Net Weaver technology platform. This framework includes the methodology, tools, and nm-time environment to develop composite applications. It provides a consistent object model and a rich user experience, and gives developers a productive way to create composite applications on top of a set of heterogeneous applications.
Question.8 What are all the components Of ‘SAP xAppe?
• SAP Document Builder
• SAP Global Trade Services
• SAP xApp Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence
• SAP xApp Resource AM Portfolio Management
• SAP AM Product Definition
• SAP xApp Cost and Quotation Management
• SAP xApp Integrated Exploration and Production
• SAP xApp Sales and Operations Manning
Question.9 What is known as ‘Duet’?
Answer: A component under SAP xApps, ‘Duet’ Is a first-of-its-kind software solution from SAP and Microsoft that enables users to easily and quickly Interact with SAP business processes and data via their ,familiar Microsoft Office environment. The result of a groundbreaking collaboration between SAP and Microsoft, it is the flirt joint product created by these two industry leaders and is designed to revolutionize how Information Workers interact with enterprise applications. ‘Duet enables:
• Budget Monitoring: Schedule time-critical l alerts and notifications to monitor cost . centers or Internal orders; delivered directly to. your Microsoft Outlook.
• Demand Planning: Create and use planning sheets, as well as analyze and manage demand planning data from the SAP System using your Microsoft Excel.
• Duet Reporting: Schedule reports to be delivered regularly to your Microsoft Outlook, receive individual report on areas-needed basis and view reports in your Microsoft Excel.
• Leave Management: Add leave requests as Microsoft Outlook calendar items that integrate approval guidelines In the SAP System and enterprise-defined processes.
• Sales Management Manage CRM accounts and contacts, create business activities and access sales analytics information using your Microsoft Outlook
• Team Management Access up-to-data information about yourself and employees, open positions, and organizational structures that are integrated from the SAP System into your Microsoft Outlook contacts area.
• Time Management Record time In your Microsoft Outlook calendar, streamlining time entry while ensuring brie-reporting compliance In the SAP System.
• Travel Management Create a trawl request and a travel expense report in the SAP System using your Microsoft Outlook.
Question. 10 Explain ‘SAP Document Builder?
Answer: SAP Document Builder (CA-GTE-DOB) Is a content-driven and moss-application solution and authoring complex documents As a generic tool, it can be deployed within international : Organizations and large corporations to generate contract and bid invitation documents, banking-related documents, auto Insurance policies, real estate contracts, and corporate employment policies. You can deploy SAP Document Builder as a standalone application or integrate it with other SAP Of non SAP components. For example, you can generate business documents required .
Question.11 What is a ‘SAP Solution Map’?
Answer: SAP ERP besides supporting your most important business processes, also provides tools to help you to understand how these processes work One such tool is the ‘SAP Solution Map’ which is a multilevel blueprint of processes. it helps you to visible , plan, and implement a coherent, Integrated, . and comprehensive IT solution; it also shows how various processes are covered, Including the processes that SAP and its partners support. With solution maps, you quickly understand business solutions and the business value they can bring.
Question.12 What is a ‘SAP Business One’?
Answer: ‘SAP Business One’ is the low-cost, easy-to-implement business management solution from SAP, for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME). Unlike the regular EBP software from SAP, this solution gives managers on-demand access to critical real-time information through ‘one single system’ containing financial, customer relationship management, manufacturing, and management control capabilities. As a result, the solution enables rapid employee productivity, while empowering managers to make better business decisions to stay ahead of the competition. Equipped with a user-friendly Interface, SAP Business One serves as your central ERP hub with standard interfaces to internal and external data soirees, handheld computers. CRM applications, and other leading analysis tools. SAP Business One Is based on Microsoft Windows standard for making it easier to comprehend and use. The application comes With the ‘demo company’ which can be used by the implementing company to fate the familiarize .
The modules of SAP Business One Include:
• Sales Opportunities
• Sales – A/R
• Purchasing – A/P
• Business Partners
• Human Resources
Question.14 Name the sub-modules within FI, from where FI-GL gets simultaneous postings?
• Accounts Receivable (Fl-AR)
• Accounts Payable (F7-AP)
• Asset Accounting (El-AA)
Question.15 What do you mean by ‘Organizational Units’ in SAP?
Answer: The ‘Organizational Units’ in SAP, are the elements or structures representing the business functions and are used in reporting. For example, Client (across the various modules), Company Code (FI), Controlling Area (CO), Plant (logistics). Sales Organization (SD), Purchasing Organization NM), Employee Group (HR) etc.
Question.16 What are the Important ‘Organizational Units’ in El, in SAP?
2. Company Code
3. Business area
Question.17 Can you assign more then one ‘Company Code’ to a ‘Company’?
Answer: All the Company Codes within a Company should we the Same Chart of Accounts and same Financial Year, though they all can have Meat Local Currencies.
Question.18 Can you attach ‘Business Area’ to a Transaction, by not assigning the same Ina posting?
Answer: Yes. The business area can also be derived from other account assignments: for example, cost center. But to do this, you need to define the business area in the master record of that cost center.
Question.19 Row to post Cross-company Code Business Area postings?
Answer: By using a as Company Code transaction, cue should be able to post to (afferent ‘Business Areas’ cutting across various Company Codes. Any number of Business Area -Company Code’ combinations are possible.