SAP Business Objects Interview Questions and Answers
Question.1 How can we overcome by loops? and also is it possible, one user can different universe?
Answer: By using Alias and context Alias- loop contains one look up table Context-loop contains more than one lookup table.
Question.2 How do we apply SQL query on selected variables?
- If you drag the variable, automatically SQL query will be added, or if you select new variable, one window will appear, in this window you select the qualification in definition window, go for formula tab, window will appear here write a formula by using objects & operators, if you have any errors or not, check once parse condition. Click apply –> click ok.
- first of all, you have to know your requirement as per request. You can drag and drop the variables in your objects results and conditions panel in desk. On top, we have icon with SQL named. Simply click on that you will get a whole SQL query.
- If we drag the variables automatically SQL query will added and if you want to modify that query go to query panel-> click SQL at the top and there is one option Do not generate the SQL query before running just click that option and modify the query whatever you want.
Question.3 What are the differences between web intelligence reports and crystal reports
Answer: webl : it is ad-hock reporting. We can change the report as per requirement for management quick decisions, for management
Crystal Reports: It is standard reporting daily transactions(example bank , shopping malls) for production users.
Question.4 If you have a report there four columns and n number of rows if you click any one cell the report want to go to another report page which gives the detail of the cell which you click?
Answer: This is hyper linking. The cell can be defined as a hyperlink and parameters can be passed to the destination report to open.
Question.5 What are the Errors in BO? Explain with Examples?
1. # Multivalue
2. # Errors
Errors in BO
#Multivalue: When any variable yield more than one result
#Syntax: Occurs when we remove any object from report that is used in the formula of any variable.
#Error: Generic Error
incompatible, Context Error: Generally occurred when we context is not properly defined for calculation and when we try to place two incompatible objects in one table.
#Div: Divide by Zero
Question.6 How to Schedule the reports in Xi R2?
Answer: You could see the option to scheduling in infoview, right below your report, otherwise you could schedule it from Central management Console.
- Using Central Mgt Console.
- In web intelligence, we can schedule report as well in cmc. Once you have written the query and run it and save it to folders, open that folder to schedule the report, in cmc you have the option to schedule the report.
Question.7 How to restrict null values in webi report?
Answer: You can define a formula like below Not IsNull(object). This formula should bypass all records that has null values. There might be some other ways too.
Question.8 Give hierarchy of business object? who will see reports after reports developing is finished?
Answer: Designer we design the universe and on the top of this table’s data we generate reports in WEB INTELLIGENCE, any nontechnical person can just see the reports to analyze the data.
Question.9 How to do scheduling in desktop intelligence in BO XI R2?
Answer: To schedule a Report first you to export the report to the Administrator and select the Folder then select the object and select the schedule and you will get the choice to select like once, on demand, weekly, monthly so on.
- Once the Report is saved, then dick on file, go to Export, and export the export which you want. Once the report is exported then a small dialog box appears which shows that Exporting is done successfully, then save ok.
- Now go to Crystal Enterprise (Infoview) and open the report which you exported earlier in Desktop Intelligence. Click on that folder and you can see the Report over there. Then from there we can schedule the report like, daily, hourly, monthly, quarterly, yearly etc.
Question.10 what is a Micro cube?
Answer: A cube contains data in multi-dimensional analyzed format. And it’s components are:
- Measure / Fact It’s an object which is been analyzed.
- Dimension It’s an object with respect to which we perform Analysis.
- Detailed It’s an object which provides extra information about a dimension, in
- BOXI A cube is called Micro Cube.
Micro Cube is a processing Unit. It Composed facts & Dimensions & measures.
Micro Cube is cleared by using “Purge” Option.
Question.11 How will you create a report using oracle stored procedure?
- Creating report using SP
- Select Data—New Data Provider–Stored Procedure
- Select or define the DB connection
- Choose the stored procedure
- Specify stored procedure as the data source
- Define parameters
- Use REF CURSOR with IN/OUT parameter.
- Ref cursor is a cursor variable that points to any cursor, mainly used for returning the CURSOR OUTPUT.
Eg: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE BO_proc(proc_cur IN OUT sys_refcursor)
OPEN proc_cur FOR SELECT FROM EMP;
Question.12 What is the query that gets executed and will get the results. In case if we have a large number of rows, how can we know the exact no of rows returned?
Answer: Click on any column in result set, right click and select count all, this will display the total number of columns in the result set.
Question.13 Is there any way to know how long the report executes and how many records will be returned before hitting the “run” option?
Answer: Simple! take the report query and modify to take the count in the query and execute it at the back end.
- Go to Definition tab in the data manager there you find these query options.
- Before run a report just click on view button you can see the report.
Question.14 How many strategies are there? Explain them in complete?
Answer: There are 2 types of strategies are there
- Built-in Strategy
- External Strategy
Built-in Strategies: Designer provides a number of default strategies which we can use. These are strategies for extracting joins, detecting cardinalities, and creating default classes and objects. Options for indicating default strategies are located in the Database tab of the Options dialog box.
External Strategies: We can also create our own strategies. Such strategies are referred to as external strategies. With an external strategy, we can specify the exact way that objects and joins are to be extracted from the database structure. The strategy we use, for example, can be a script generated from a CASE Access tool. An external strategy is specific to one RDBMS.
Question.15 Difference between xir2 and 6.5 version?
- XI R2 has a 5 tier architecture, where as 6.5 has 3 tier.
- In XI R2, we have some new tools like Import wizard, conversion tool etc.
- In 6.5, we have a product called Business objects but now it’s been renamed as Desktop intelligence.
- In 6.5 we have supervisor, but there is no supervisor in XI and they have introduced the new concept of CMC which is used to created users, user groups etc.
- In 6.5 reports are being stored in document domain of repository, now they have introduced the concept of folders and categories.
- In 6.5, we have BCA(broad cast agent)to schedule the repots but in XI there is no BCA, you can schedule the reports using “Scheduler” in CMC.
- Not only these even in designer, deski& webi, you have some new enhancements.
Question.16 How to connect to a server in business objects ?
Answer: There are some third party software’s are there to connect like “CITRIX”.
Question.17 What are slowly changing dimensions, confirm dimensions?
Slowly Changing Dimensions: These are basically those dimensions whose key value will remain static but description might change over the period of time. For example, the product id in companies, product line might remain the same, but the description might change from time to time, hence, the product dimension is called slowly changing dimension.
Whereas Confirmed dimensions are something, which can be shared by multiple Fact Tables or multiple Data Marts.
Conformed Dimensions (CD): These dimensions are something that is built once in your model and can be reused multiple times with different fact tables.
For example, consider a model containing multiple fact tables, representing different data marts. Now look for a dimension that is common to these facts tables. In this example, let us consider that the product dimension is common and hence can be reused by creating short cuts and joining the different fact tables. Some of the examples are time dimension, customer dimensions, product dimension.
Question.18 What is Web Intelligence Job Server?
Answer: The Web Intelligence Job Server processes scheduling requests it receives from the CMS for Web Intelligence documents. It forwards these requests to the Web Intelligence Report Server, which will generate the instance of the Web Intelligence Document (WID), stores the instance in the Output FRS and reports the status of running WID Jobs to the CMS.
The Web Intelligence Job Server does not actually generate object instances. When a user requests to view and interact with a stored document instance, the Web Intelligence report server accesses that instance directly.
As with all job servers, it uses the same main executable, as the other job servers and manages sub-processes, launching a job server child (jobserverchild.exe) sub-process for each concurrently scheduled job. The Web Intelligence Job Server sends successful instances to their scheduled destinations including Inbox and SMTP.
Question.19 What are the events the Web Intelligence Job Server can be audited?
Answer: The Web Intelligence Job Server can be audited with settings in the CMC and can audit three types of events:
- A job has been run successfully.
- A job has failed to Fun.
- A job failed but will try to run again.